Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mother Bought A Coconut...

Whenever Xander comes grocery shopping with me, there are some standard areas where he needs to go. First and foremost is the toy department, where he checks out the latest in action figures and Legos, does a little begging, and compiles a mental list of toys he can't live without. Other hotspots include looking at the fish over in seafood, and checking out pineapples and coconuts in produce. Only this time we actually brought a coconut home.


Xander was chomping at the bit to get into that little brown ball. He pestered Joe and I until finally last night Joe hacked it open. He gave Xander the glass full of coconut milk and told him to have at it. What he had was one sip, followed by a water chaser. The coconut milk was a no-go. I think Joe drank the rest of it.


Next came an actual chunk of firm white coconut, which Xander nibbled on. (I did too, but I have to say I'd rather have it honey roasted. It's much tastier that way!) Once again, my son was underwhelmed by the taste of the coconut. I can't blame him - the raw stuff does nothing for me.


All in all, I'd say Xander was fairly disappointed in the whole thing. I don't know what he thought it was going to taste like, but clearly it wasn't anything he was hoping for. Still, now he can say that he's tried coconut. I wonder when he'll start asking for a pineapple...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad it doesn't taste like a Mounds bar! He'd never make it on a deserted island. Lol. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT