Friday, November 14, 2008

Parent-Teacher Conference Day

Today was Parent-Teacher Conferences at Xander's school. I was prepared for the worst, after the following conversation:


Me: "Xander, what do you think your teacher will tell me when I meet with her?"


Xander: "Probably that I put soap in Jacob's hair."

Not very confidence-inspiring, to be sure! But it went great. Xander's teacher says that he's doing great academically. He's really nailing the english language arts, and doing pretty good in math too. I got to see the first sentence he wrote: I like Mom. Awww!

The behavioral issues are minimal - the usual not sitting still, wanting to do his own thing at times. Xander's teacher thinks he's a great kid. (I agree!)

******

As an added bonus - cause I'm feeling generous! - here is a picture of Xander from yesterday. He woke up complaining and crying that the sun was hurting his eyes, so I gave him a pair of Joe's sunglasses. Well, he instantly became Scott Summers aka Cyclops from the X-Men. Even picked out his clothes to match colors. This is his Scott Summers pose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the shades, man! Love ya.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT