Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Twilight - The Movie

I went to see Twilight when it came out in theaters last November. Krissy came with me because I'd gotten her sucked into the books. I never commented on the movie at the time, but I want to comment on it now because I rented it this week from Blockbuster and Joe sat down to watch it with me last night.



Let me first say that I love, love, love the four book Twilight series (written by Stephanie Meyer, just in case you want to check them out for yourself). Great characters, great stories. Krissy agrees. And I figured that the movie would be just as good. Wrong, wrong, wrong.


What really confuses me is that the filmakers knew they had an instant hit on their hands. The Twilight series has a ridiculously huge fan base. The fourth book is STILL #1 on the bestseller list and it came out about a year ago. So why they movie studio that put out the movie only gave them like a $10 budget is beyond me.


The special effects are mostly ridiculous. The cinematography is really annoying (stop with the twirling camera, please!). I just expected more. My wish for the next movie, New Moon, is that the Harry Potter people take it over. Make it shiny, spend the dough on effects because it DOES matter. With all the new and complex effects that will be popping up in New Moon, I shudder to think what they'll look like on $10.


Okay, I feel better now! And if you haven't read Twilight, get thee to a library and check it out! You won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You tell 'em, sista! Love ya, M.

Unknown said...

ya know...I gave it a shot and I didn't like that the vampires didn't die in sunlight....and it seemed like everyone was an F'n EMO....annoying...

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT