Thursday, May 7, 2009

Worm Watch 2009

If you've never paid a visit to me over at the Big Blue Barn, then you may not know that I have a very long dirt driveway. When it's rainy, we get lots of earthworms and slugs out on the driveway, and it's been rainy all this week.


Fact: Xander is afraid of earthworms.

So every day on our way up the driveway to wait for the school bus, Xander has a death grip on my hand and is literally tip-toeing. It's pretty funny! I have to point out all the slugs and earthworms so he doesn't step on them. (Or, presumably, so they don't get the drop on him.)

This morning we were also looking for worm trails. I myself don't mind the worms, so long as someone isn't waving them in my face. And Xander doesn't seem to care about the slugs, they don't freak him out the same way the earthworms do.

All I can say is, it's going to be a long rainy season at the Big Blue Barn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks more like a snake to me. What do you feed those suckers up there, anyway? I'd be afraid, too. Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT