Monday, September 21, 2009

Kitchen De-Mo-Lition

So, my mother's big idea for her visit this week (hi, Mom!) is to re-do my kitchen. Which, I have to agree, was fairly ugly. Lots of dark green, sunflowers, and gingham. Blech! A redo sounded like fun, until I realized Mom was only going to be here for the easy-peasy painting part. I, on the other hand, get to do all the wallpaper peeling, cabinet door scraping, and general cleaning out of the kitchen. Luckily, I got some peeps to help me!



My co-worker and walking buddy Kathy volunteered not just her services, but also the services of her best friend/our daycare guru Donna. They both came over on Friday night with scrapers and a steam iron. After dinner (great baked chicken, thanks Joe!) we got down to business.

Xander, of course, had to be involved. He did some scraping and peeling, but mostly liked using the sponge to wet everything down with. And then dripping it on Kathy!

We got quite a bit done in about three hours. Now I have to finish the rest by Saturday, which is painting day. Gaa! Luckily, my office mate gave me some handy wallpaper tips (could've used those last week too, Tami!). So hopefully it will all come together in time. Meanwhile, I'm just thankful I didn't have to do the whole job by myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have friends and kids! Good job, Sange. See you soon. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT