Wednesday, May 12, 2010

1st Annual Boo Day

Following on the heels of Mother's Day, Xander decided that he needed his own day. So Monday became the First Annual Boo Boo Day celebration. Though I was assured this meant no school, the mean mommy sent him anyway. But on my way home I stopped at the Family Dollar and picked him up a floor puzzle. We put that together as soon as I got home.


Joe and I had leftovers for dinner, since our fridge is unusually full of them right now. I told Xander he could have whatever he wanted, and he chose a peanut butter sandwich (no crusts, of course) with BBQ Pringles and Cheetos on top. Blech!


This was followed up with a game of War, some SpongeBob viewing, and some reading together. And then the penultimate moment of Boo Boo Day (and probably the whole reason for it in the first place) was Xander getting to sleep in Mommy's bed - he's been begging almost every night for this opportunity.



So, it was a good Boo Boo Day. Yesterday Xander informed me that Boo Boo Day goes till Sunday, but I quickly quashed that idea. One day is more than enough! My kid...what an opportunist! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm all for a special day for oneself. Good on ya, Xander! Love the peace sign pic. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT