Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Well, another Mother's Day has come and gone. It was a pretty good one for me, considering it involved me cleaning the bathroom, washing the dishes, and cooking dinner. I sure did feel like a Mom, though! And in Joe's defense, I didn't trust him to cook the dinner I wanted to my specifications. Pasta with red sauce and meatballs with raisins. Yummers!


Xander had made me a card at school, as well as a paper-holding-thingie out of craft sticks. Very cute! He spent a large portion of Mother's Day in his room cleaning and hanging up the tons of pictures he's been painting lately.


Joe made me a card, too. And got me Season 2 of Doctor Who (David Tennant, drool!). He had to work last night, so he spent a good chunk of the day sleeping. He also decided to get into the act when I colored my hair yesterday - I was looking to change things up, he was looking to cover all the gray in his beard. Unfortunately, the color came out kind of magenta for him, so he added some of his inky Just For Men black. Introducing Mr. Stripey Beard, LOL!


All in all, it was a pretty good day. I did get to finish one of my library books, and watched Leap Year after Joe went to work. This morning Xander informed me that it was Boo Boo Day so he can do whatever he wants when he gets home from school. Oh, yeah, this should be good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wild and wacky bunch you are! Sometimes celebrating Mom's Day means just being a Mom - no bells, no whistles, just lovin from your Boo. Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT