Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Absolutely Abstract

Xander has been very into painting lately. I brought him home some new paints and paintbrushes this week and he was so excited! And my supply of printer paper has been rapidly shrinking as he whips off masterpiece after masterpiece.


These are almost all abstract pieces of art. When Xander draws with a marker or pencil, he draws people (usually fighting monsters, aliens or who knows what). But when he paints, he's just doing shapes and colors. In fact, he's done so many that he started hanging them up in his room. Here's his latest piece of art (I call it Abstract Dog):


Xander has been showing interest in moving up from watercolors to acrylics. Not sure I'm ready for that! The watercolors are so much more easily contained. But I don't want to stifle his creativity, either, so at some point I imagine he'll get an art set with "real" paints in it. And some art paper, so he can stop using my printer paper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how good he is! Can he do a 4ft. by 3 ft. for our living room? Seriously, his choice of color and form are amazing. If he doesn't want that pic, I'll take it. Get him a watercolor pad. Color me impressed. Love ya, M & V.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT