Monday, April 28, 2008

Music-less Monday

First, I would just like to say that Joe's birthday cheesecake wasn't a total loss. Most of the middle part was edible and quite tasty. My grandmother scolded me for leaving it in the oven so long, so next time I'll just cook it the recommended time and see what happens.

Now what's up with the music-less Monday? My husband has a Creative Zen MP3 player. It's a great little machine, 30G of space. As of Saturday there were almost 1600 songs on there, and about 100 TV shows downloaded from Amazon.com. As of Saturday night, all the songs had been wiped out. It was at this point that my husband's head exploded. Where did these songs go? No idea. Everything else is still in place on the Zen.

I'd say about 85-90% of these songs were from our own collection of CDs, though Joe had borrowed some CDs as well. But a pricey portion of these were downloads that we had to pay actual money for. And there's not getting them back. Needless to say, Joe will be on the phone today harassing the people at Creative Labs trying to figure out what to do now. (Did I mention the little machine won't let us put music back on it now?) I had to talk him down from buying a replacement MP3 at Walmart yesterday until we can find out what's happening with this one.

So now we're back to old-school CDs in the car. Not nearly as handy, but we lived many long years without an MP3 player and I feel certain we can do it again...for a little while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving the site, cookie! Keep up the good work.
Love, the matriarch of your wild and wacky family. :)

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT