Friday, October 17, 2008

Addicted to the Library

Hi, my name is Cassie and I'm addicted to the library.

I never used to be this way. My whole life I've been a book OWNER, not a book BORROWER. If I read a book and liked it even a little, I had to have it. This is probably why my mother's house had so many bookshelves in it, and there were never enough of those.

Now that I'm older and live in a much smaller place, I don't have the luxury of book ownership. Truth be told, I don't even really want it. There are some series that I keep adding to, and those are generally books that I'll reread a couple times a year. So I have re-discovered the joy of the library and borrowing books. Even better, since the local library is so small, I have discovered the joy of inter-library loan. Woo hoo!

Lately all I do is read. I've been to the library three times this week alone, and will be back again today to drop off four books and pick up two. I stay up way past my bedtime reading, and I gotta say not much housework has been getting done. Scrapping has been suffering as well.

My latest literary finds: Catherine Coulter's FBI series, and the works of Janet Evanovich (this woman is hilarious!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ever the bookworm, eh? Borrowing is good, not to mention inexpensive. That works. You've passed your love of books down to your son. Be proud. Love ya, Ma.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT