Monday, October 6, 2008

Autumn in New York


Well, it's that time of year again. The leaves are changing color and falling off the trees. T-shirts and sandals have been exchanged for long-sleeved shirts and socks. The air is chilly, the days blustery, and I've had to grudgingly turn my heat on. Out comes the crock pot for those cold-weather-only meals like chicken and biscuits, or pot roast. The BBQ will get one last run this month, then spend all winter indoors. Xander and I put up the Halloween decorations. It's official - it's Autumn.


I don't actually mind this time of year too much, except that I know what comes after and I'm DREADING that. Still, with everything so crisp and colorful, there's a lot to enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can hear the leaves falling as we speak. Warm it up for me there, 'kay? Love the pics. Love y'all. M.

Unknown said...

Dang...FROST???...what's that?....LOL...sorry bout the change in seasons but out here in SD, CA it's been 80 and Sunny the past week...glad all is well and Xander is having fun at school

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT