Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Busy 3-Day Weekend!

The Bruno family was hoppin' this weekend, let me tell you! It started on Friday, when we had Eli, Krissy and the kids over for dinner. When Xander wasn't getting in trouble for being too bossy or being mean, you could overhear the following type of conversation: "Come on, Sweetie. (Aislin) You know you have to do your homework." How cute!


Saturday we dropped Xander off for an overnight with Joe's folks. He was more than happy, since Grandma has so many toys. And they took him out to dinner at the Pizza Shack in Cobleskill, where he won $6 off his grandpa in a bet. Aww! Mommy's little gambler!

Joe and I spent Valentine's Day in Albany, where we foolishly decided we'd just eat wherever we got the notion to, very spontaneous. Forgetting, of course, that it was VALENTINE'S DAY. Every place we went was absolutely mobbed! The line at the Cheesecake Factory just for cheesecake takeout was about a half hour wait. Zoinks! We ended up dining at Houlihan's in the Crossgates Mall, which only had a twenty minute wait. The food was nothing too special, but by that point I was ready to gnaw my own limbs off.
On Sunday we had Joe's folks up for dinner, and to get our son back. Xander told me he had so much fun, he forgot he lived with us. Nice. I made my new favorite dish - BBQ beef cups - and it was a big hit. And my husband was feeling so mellow, he actually VOLUNTEERED to babysit Xander and Eli's kids on Monday. All day. While I was out grocery shopping. Krissy dropped the kids off at 9:30 and Eli picked them up at 3pm. They played together pretty well this time, and Aislin didn't want to leave.

That was our busy weekend. And this week is Winter Break at school, so work will be nice and relaxed for me. And Xander is spending his free time at daycare - hopefully not beating up all the little kids! Hope everyone else had a great three-day weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Joe. I understand that Aisly didn't want to go home. How cute! Thanks for sending the pics. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT