Friday, December 11, 2009

1st Snow Day of the Season!

Wednesday dawned snowin' and blowin', and shortly after 6am I received the call. No work, no school for Xander. Our first snow day of the season! I crawled back into bed, but Xander came in around 7:30 to shake me awake because he thought we overslept. He sure was happy to have a snow day!


We lazed around for a little while, then I helped Xander assemble and decorate his new tree. He wanted one for his room, and I got this little four-footer at the Family Dollar for just $10. Perfect! Xander pulled out all of his Christmas ornaments, and I lent him some of mine.

Xander made the tree topper himself out of a toilet paper roll and items from my craft box. You can't see the back, but there's a little red Christmas present taped between the angel's wings. Not sure of the significance there, LOL!


And when I couldn't avoid it any more, I went outside into the snow to play with Xander. Actually, it felt about 30 degrees, which isn't bad when you're all bundled up. I took some pictures, then got busy building my fort so we could have our snowball fight. (I had to build mine. Xander just waited for the driveway to get plowed and he had an instant fort. Unfair!)

After I clocked Xander a few times with snowballs, he decided to try his hand at some sledding. I suggested the top of the driveway, where you can at least get a little momentum. He had a great time doing this, though I don't know how his knees aren't pulverized because of all the running and diving on the sled that he was doing. For all that my driveway resembles a luge, Xander was only able to get about halfway down before the sled stopped.
We finished off the day watching Christmas movies and drinking hot cocoa. I got almost nothing done that I'd planned on, but we sure had fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just gotta embrace the moment and go with it! Sounds like you guys had a really good time. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT