Tuesday, December 15, 2009

9 Days 'Til Christmas Eve!

Christmas prep is in full gear at the Bruno house!



On Saturday my pal Amy came over and we baked cookies all day. We each made four different kinds of cookies, and I have to say that my peanut butter batch is mostly crumbs already! Guess those came out really well this year. Xander was even eating one on the way up the driveway this morning to catch the school bus. :)

Sunday we got our Christmas tree, though picking one out in the pouring rain wasn't very much fun. Xander didn't like any of the trees in the lot - he said they were all too small. Ah, a boy after my own heart! We ended up with a very nice one that might even get decorated today.

Biggest fun was yesterday, when Amy and I headed up to Albany to do our Christmas shopping. It's our yearly holiday tradition, along with the cookies. We did Crossgates Mall, Colonie Mall, and Toys R Us. I spent almost all of Joe's bonus check, but crossed almost everyone off my list by the end of the day.

Now I just have to wait for remaining items to come in the mail, and get Xander to clean up the living room so I have room to wrap everything. Bring it on, Christmas! I'm ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so admire you're readiness for the holiday, every year. You are my hero!
Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT