Friday, December 19, 2008

Trimming Our Tree

First, let me just say that I'm glad we decorated the tree on Tuesday. If we'd waited a day longer, it just wouldn't have gotten done. Xander was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday, Joe and I on Wednesday. Xander was already back to school by then, which is good because I was completely useless on Wednesday. It's been a long time since I was so sick!!



Anyhoo, Joe and Xander put the lights and garland on the tree while I was at work on Tuesday. It was really sweet of them, but I had to replace the garland (they used the wrong ones) and fix the lights a bit. Yes, I'm extremely anal about my tree!


Xander had a great time hanging ornaments, concentrating his efforts to the back corner near the floor. It's a cute little tree, except for the odd branches that stick out farther than the rest. I'm trying not to let it bug me, LOL!

It didn't take long to decorate, and it looks very pretty all lit up. I wish we could put some presents underneath, but I think that Stuart would chew all the paper off (darn cat!). Last night Xander wanted to sleep underneath it to watch the lights. Now we just need to finish the Christmas shopping and we'll be good to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a beautiful tree! Good job, all! Love and miss you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT