Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Xander - School Boy Genius!

Okay, so I'm probably pretty biased about my son's intelligence. But I tell you, he continues to amaze me! Only three months into Kindergarten, and he's already reading a little, sounding out words, and writing sentences. Check out this scrapbook layout I did to commemorate Xander's first sentence written at home. He wrote that on his own, completely unprompted, and with zero help from me. Wow!



In other school news, it's Spirit Week at Xander's school this week. Monday he got to wear his pajamas, and yesterday was Dress Like A Teacher day. The bow tie is Joe's and I think it totally makes the whole look! At Xander's request we also gelled his hair. Very spiffy.

And then the following conversation took place:

Mommy - If you were a teacher, what would you teach?

Xander - I would teach people to be kind to other people.

Geez. Did your heart just melt? Mine sure did! That boy, you just never know what he's going to say next!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy, he looks like my high school Algebra teacher, only handsome! He gets the smart thing from the females in the family, yeah? Love ya! M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT