Monday, January 12, 2009

Xander's Angry!

Xander has been having some anger issues lately. (Check out his stop-taking-pictures-of-me face below!) He had a terrible week at school - throwing things, ignoring the classroom rules, and generally being miserable. He hasn't been much better at home either. Every morning is a battle to get him ready for school, because he doesn't want to go. When I ask Xander about his behavior, he tells me that school is "boring" and that he'd rather be playing. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them!


This week, both Xander's teacher and I will be starting a rewards program. Five well-behaved days will garner a reward. I hate to have to do this for school, but nothing else is coming to mind. I don't want him to hate school, I really don't. And I think for the most part he doesn't - he's been bringing home good work.


Oh, well. This too shall pass. Hopefully!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's a good little boy going through a rough spot. Hang in there, it'll get better. Wish I had more to offer. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT