Friday, March 20, 2009

Public Service Announcement - "Free" Trials

The following is a Public Service Announcement from...me!


I signed up for a "free" trial of Acai Berry Detox. I've been hearing so much about the amazing Acai berry that I thought, what the heck! For just $3.95 I can check it out and see if it works. That's where I made my first mistake.


See, these free trials aren't really free. For example, this one states somewhere in their terms and conditions (does anyone read those, really??) that the 14 day trial begins the day you place your order. So by the time I received the actual pills, I had like one day left to cancel before I was charged the full amount.

I figured this out when I checked my bank account yesterday and saw I was overdrawn because of the $87 Acai Berry charge. WTH?? I called the company and was told - very patiently - that when I agreed to the terms and conditions, I was locked in. And I should have called when I didn't receive my pills right away.

My bank account is in shambles, thanks to their charge and the bank charges for being overdrawn (don't even get me started on that!!). So if you're thinking of signing up for one of these "free" trials, just say no!

Now back to you regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT