Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bowling Party

Xander has his first schoolmate birthday party this weekend, at the bowling alley in Stamford. (This was his second bowling party; the first one was for Josh's birthday and Joe never took any pictures.) So even though I'd been suffering a migraine all day, I pulled myself together and took Xander to the party.


Controlled chaos. That's my best description. Before the bowling actually got organized into teams, the kids were fighting for turns and clustering around the ball return, randomly pushing the reset button until the alley manager shut it down. Once the kids were organized, it went a little better. Although Xander isn't the best at waiting his turn.

It was fun watching Xander bowl. He would kind of fling the ball down the lane, not bothering to see if he knocked any pins down. Most of the kids were the same. I'm happy to report that Xander was the #2 scorer on his team.

Of course, there was other party stuff. Pizza and cake and presents. (And in case you're wondering, I'm not posting pics of the other kids because I don't have permission from their parents.) There were quite a few kids from Xander's class, though, and he seemed to enjoy hanging out with them.

Makes me wonder how many kids we'll be able to get for Xander's birthday in July. Hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love his form! I think he's a natural at this game. Bravo! Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT