Monday, March 2, 2009

Search for the Perfect Guacamole

This is all Anne's fault! Ever since she took me to that Mexican restaurant in October, I've been obsessed with guacamole. My mom finally hooked me up with a recipe, which I tried out yesterday. Two pacakges of cream cheese were involved, and the results were...not great.

Xander and Joe ate some, but it tasted almost the same as just taking a bite out of the cream cheese brick and I couldn't get excited about it. So now I'm searching for a restaurant-type guacamole I can make at home. If you have a recipe, I beg you to share it! And if I come up with a good one, I'll post it on here.

Mmmm....guacamole!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep lookin, dude! Love ya, M.

Renee said...

I loooove guacamole too!! My friend has me hooked on burgers with mushrooms and cheddar cheese topped with avocados, a little mayo, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. It's so good and creamy!

My dad's girlfriend makes a rockin' guac with avocado, cilantro, garlic and a little bit of lime.

Good luck! Let me know what you come up with. *Ü*

Renee said...

sorry...I guess I should clarify...you mash up the avocado, mix in the mayo, salt, pepper & garlic powder. Mix all of those ingredients really well.
Then you top the burgers with the mushrooms and cheddar. THEN you put the avocado mix on there. LOL

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT