Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Holy Hail Storm!

In the midst of the thunder storm we had Monday evening, I began noticing that the rain was hitting unusually hard on the windows. I looked outside and I couldn't believe it - we were having a hail storm!


I've never been in the middle of a hail storm like that before. It was crazy! I went outside afterwards with my camera to get a picture of my landlady's back deck - look at all that hail! It was pebble-sized, not the bigger stuff that slammed Oneonta Monday.

Xander went out after the rain stopped to gather up some hail stones. He now has a baggie full of water tacked to his bedroom wall - he says he's saving it for the first day of school. LOL! It sure was a storm to remember!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing says "welcome to 1st grade" like a bag of water! Lucky those weren't golf ball sized hailstones. Weather sure is going nutsy, ain't it? Love ya, stay dry, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT