Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Meet the Chickens

So, Eli's neighbor just got some chickens and Eli and the kids are acting as their caretakers. Carlyn has picked one out of the flock (do you call chickens a flock?) and named it Baby Girl. This chicken follows her around, pecks at her blue nail polish, and doesn't mind being carried around. She was also the first of the flock (gaggle? pack?) to lay an egg.

Xander and I stopped by to see them and take some pictures yesterday. Xander was excited to get to hold one, though he didn't like when it flapped it's wings in his face. I even let Baby Girl peck at my toe nails. Me, the girl who used to be deathly afraid of birds. Go me!

I can only assume there might be some farm fresh eggs in my future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwaaack, bwaaack! Lovely flock of chickens. If they get a rooster, I'd be careful eating those eggs. Great pics of the kids! Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT