Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Approaches...

I've been scrapping some Halloween pictures lately, some from way back in 1980, and this one from 2007:

Going out trick-or-treating with Xander has certainly been an experience. When I was a kid, one parent took you out (until you were old enough to go by yourself) and the other stayed home to hand out candy. For us, trick-or-treating is a family affair. And the first year we went I was surprised to see how many families were out walking the streets together.


Of course, we don't have to worry about handing out candy. The Big Blue Barn is pretty far off the beaten track. Even as a kid, we didn't have that many visitors. And I like that we all go together. In fact, if Joe doesn't have Halloween off just in the natural course of things, he puts in for it at work. He doesn't want to miss it, which is so awesome.

I know that someday Xander will either be too old to go trick-or-treating, or he just won't want us tagging along. So I'm glad we get to have this family time together while we can. But you'll have to wait until Halloween to find out what we're dressing up as! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know any other people that are soooo into Halloween. Kudos. I know who you're going to be! Lol. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT