Thursday, October 1, 2009

Open House - 1st Grade

Well, we had Xander's Open House at school on Tuesday night. I always like having a chance to go in and get some pictures, and this year we saw more of the school because Xander wanted to show us everything. That kid sure knows his way around! And older kids and random staff kept saying hi to him. Too funny!



Here he is with his teacher, Ms. C. She'll be leaving soon because the regular teacher will be back from maternity leave. But I really like Ms. C because she's a scrapbooker, so she understands about my need for photos. And she sends lots of nice notes home.

This is Xander at his desk. This year he has the kind with the cubby underneath for his supplies. He has a pencil box full of crayons, markers and pencils in there. And a journal that he's written some things in, and drawn some pictures in. On top you can see part of the monument he made out of food boxes for their lesson on US Government. It's a monument to me, because I help him. (His words!) Awww!


And here's Xander by the weather chart. He's been the assigned weather man this week, so he gets to record the day's weather. I asked him yesterday if he put clouds on because it was so cloudy. He said no, it wasn't cloudy - it was overcast. Too funny!

It was a nice visit. I enjoy seeing him so at ease there, he didn't get lost or turned around at all. And I'm so thankful I don't attend school there, because the flight of stairs between the elementary and high school portions of the building are endless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo glad he's liking school this year. He's a wonderfully friendly kid, so I'm not surprised he's well known. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT