Monday, January 4, 2010

Xander and His Many Movies

I will be the first one to admit that Xander watches too much television. But, honestly, is that a bad thing? When I was a kid that was all I pretty much did, besides reading. I can recall going to the video store with Mom and renting like six movies for the weekend. We were a TV family.


Xander's video and DVD library is getting unwieldy. (He spends a lot of time searching for movies, which is what he's doing in this picture.) Some of those movies are/were Joe's and mine - like the animated Hobbit and Labyrinth. Others were given to Xander, either on gift-giving occasions or when people like my grandmother were cleaning out their own collection.



I have to say this boy has some eclectic tastes in home movie viewing. This past week he's been watching a lot of He-man (not the lame 80s one, the updated 2003 version). His Scooby Doo library continues to grow, but he also likes watching Lord of the Rings, Star Trek (the new movie), Sleeping Beauty, and Laurel & Hardy's March of the Wooden Soldiers. About the only thing Xander won't watch is a "gray movie" aka one without color.


Do I worry that Xander watches too much TV? Sometimes. And I try to make sure he doesn't watch anything especially violent, gory and with inappropriate subject matter (he's been asking to watch Spaceballs). And most of the time his movies are just background noise while he plays. And hey...I watched endless hours of TV and I turned out okay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The TV he's watching is controlled and you're not subjecting him to some of the questionable programs on regular TV. You're doing a good job and he's living proof of that. Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT