Monday, February 8, 2010

Play Dough...So Fun, and Yet So Messy

I have a love-hate relationship with Play Dough. Love the smell. Love watching Xander have fun with it. Hate the little bits of dough that inevitably get ground into my carpet. Moon Sand is pretty bad, too, but easier to clean up with the vacuum.

Xander hauled out his Play Dough hair salon on Saturday, and was sad to realize he had no dough to put in it. The canisters he'd had long ago dried up into brightly colored rocks. He tried using his Moon Sand, but when you compress that stuff it's not inclined to go through little spaces. Being the kind and generous mom I am (ha!) I picked up a Play Dough four pack when I went shopping yesterday. (I had no idea this stuff was so cheap!)

So for a good portion of the day yesterday Xander futzed around with the dough, making crazy hair styles and then chopping them up. Sure, I'm going to have to pick little chunks of blue and pink Play Dough out of the living room carpet, but I guess you just can't put a price on creativity!

2 comments:

Jessica Caggiano said...

Katie & I love playing playdoh together.. we have Iron Chef battles and make cool food. She got the ice cream maker and about 50 canisters from everyone for Christmas & her birthday.. It is a cheap and fun way to play. Homemade playdoh is easy to make too but it doesn't last more than one time in my opinion..

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of it, too! Boy, talk about a toy that's been around a long time. Used to play with it when I was a kid, a million years ago! Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT