Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Big First for Xander!

Yesterday we had a big moment in the Bruno house. (At least it was for me, men aren't as sensitive to these kinds of things!) Xander brought home the phone number of a classmate and asked to have a playdate at her house. Yup, it's a girl!


This may not seem like a big deal, but given all the trouble we've had this year with Xander's behavior I think it's very exciting that someone from his class wants to hang with him after school. The sessions with the school counselor are really working! (Thanks, Dawn!)

I talked to the girl's mom and we set up a Saturday playdate for Xander and Drea. Then Xander surprised me by talking to Drea for an additional twenty minutes on the phone. He never talks to anyone that long! He asked questions about her siblings, her house, her toys. Then he asked me if he could have a sleepover. I told him we'd try the playdate first, LOL! And yes, I took a picture of him talking on the phone, which he was doing in the privacy of his own room.

Now we just have to wait and see how he does on Saturday. Don't worry, I'll post an update on that here on Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! How freakin' cute is he? I'm all verklempt! Hope he has a great time on Saturday with his new friend. Work those social skills, Boo! Love ya, M and V.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT