Monday, April 13, 2009

Of Easter and Informal Gatherings

It was a pretty busy weekend for the Brunos. On Saturday we hosted an "informal gathering", which was in fact a party for my birthday. A few select friends and family joined us for some food, some cake, and lots of talking! Because my birthday is the same day as Angie's, we shared a cake.

Destiny, his wife Janine, and two of their children - baby Spanny and Mo - came over for their first visit to the Big Blue Barn. They brought Rufus with them, the worlds cutest little puppy. (He's a chihuahua/yorkie mix, just FYI!) The kids loved him, and I thought he was adorable.

At the end of the evening, only Andy, Angie and Josh remained. And though I was exhausted, we still had to do Easter eggs. Josh and Angie got in on the action and Xander had fun as always, though he hates waiting for the colors to get good and dark.

Easter morning my beloved offspring was up at 6am. (Gaaa!!) He was amazed to discover that the carrots he'd left for the Easter bunny were gone. Then I played sherpa while he followed the map to each egg in turn, and finally to his basket. Kid made out like a bandit - lots of candy, two new packs of Playmobile action figures, a coloring, two story books, and a superhero puzzle cube. Not to mention that some of his plastic eggs coughed up $6, some chapstick, and a new eyeglass cleaning cloth.

I cooked a delicious leg of lamb for dinner. Which is about all I did yesterday, because I was just worn out! I've decided that if I have another birthday party ever, it's going to have to be at someone else's house!

So, thanks to my hubby for throwing the party (even if he didn't do any housecleaning) and thanks to everyone who came! Hope y'all had as much fun as me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a grand time was had by all. Love the pics, too. Thanks for sending them. Love you all! M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT