Monday, April 6, 2009

It's All About Me Today!

Hey, hey, it's my birthday! I'm closing in on 40, but not there yet. I turned 36 today, and I don't feel a day over 50! LOL!


Seriously, it's been a pretty good birthday so far. Xander sang me Happy Birthday first thing this morning, then remarked how he thinks I've gotten heavier overnight. Nice! When Joe got home, the cards and gifts came out. I scored Mama Mia - the DVD and the soundtrack. Oh, yeah!! Then Joe gave me some money for take-out tonight. Not to be outdone, Xander ran to his room and came back out with his last dollar, which he gave me. Awww!! Am I a lucky woman or what?

Special thanks to everyone for the birthday greetings that were e-mailed to me, or put on Facebook. (Mom and Vikki, your stupid e-cards made me cry! Darn you!) I loves you all!! (Except Mom and Vikki, for making me cry!)

On a side note, I just wanted to talk about Alien Voices. Back in the way back when I worked at Story House, Simon & Schuster put out these totally entertaining CDs, which have a lot of Star Trek people doing a kind of radio show of classic novels. I have The Lost World, which is totally awesome. I listen to it a lot when I'm scrapping or playing on the computer. In fact, I like it so much I've added all the movies and tv show to my Netflix queue, and am awaiting the book from the library.


Unfortunately, I can't find the Alien Voices version of Journey to the Center of the Earth, which I totally covet. There are a couple of cassettes on ebay, which won't do me much good since my stereo eats cassettes for breakfast. So if anyone comes across this, you need to let me know immediately!!

Okay, that's all about me today. Tune in Wednesday for more fun Xander stories (probably).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every day should be about you cause you're so special to us and everyone else. Enjoyed spending some of your birthday with you. Hope you got to watch your movie! Love you, M and V.

Unknown said...

Happy Be-Lated Birthday Cass....=)

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT