Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mini Me & TV

One of the unexpected pleasures of being a parent is watching your kid get the same enjoyment of stuff that you liked to do. For example, Xander shares a lot of my music interests. He's becoming well-versed in Weird Al, Ray Stevens and Dr. Demento. Sniff. It makes a mother proud! LOL!


It's no different with TV and movies. Some of Xander's favorite things to watch were mine as well: Pee Wee's Playhouse, Labyrinth, Land of the Lost, Robin Hood: Men in Tights. The list goes on and on. Recently we added something to the list that I honestly didn't think he'd care about at all - Home Improvement.


Sometimes when I'm scrapbooking I like to put a movie on. Lately I've been wanting some TV too, something funny. I already have the first season of the Jeff Foxworthy Show on DVD, which I'll put in from time to time. Last month I picked up the first season of Home Improvement and Xander was instantly hooked!

He has favorite episodes - the holiday ones especially - and will tell Joe all about what Randy, Mark and Brad are up to. It's so funny to listen to him laughing hysterically at something Tim Allen has done! So of course we then had to pick up season 2. Can season 3 be far behind? Now I'm wondering what other shows he'd like from back in the day. Fresh Prince? Cosby Show? With Xander, you just never know what's going to hit his funny bone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about Xena, huh? Bet he'd like that! (not that I'm biased or anything). Anyway, it's good he's got so much in common with his Ma. Hang in there, darlin'. Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT