Friday, March 5, 2010

TV Wars

We've had a rough couple of days over at the Big Blue Barn, all because of TV. This all started quite a while ago, when I mentioned that sometime this year we'd probably need to get a new TV because ours (which is probably about 15 years old) is having sound issues.

Cut to last Saturday, when Joe was over paying off his Xbox. They were having a really good sale and offered him a deal on a 52" LCD TV. I looked at it and said, "No. It's too big." We - meaning me - looked at the other, smaller televisions. It was no go. I just kept hearing about the great deal, the great picture, blah blah blah, and soon it was from both Joe and Xander. Finally I said, "Do what you want" which in woman speak means, "No!"

Wednesday the 52" TV was delivered. I took one look at it when I got home and said, "I hate this TV." And I do. It's way too big. Don't believe me? Just look!


Joe got all mad at me, Xander got upset when he thought he might lose his new big TV, and fight ensued between my hubby and me which lasted about two days. To remedy the situation, Joe went back to the store and is having the big TV reclaimed on Monday. In its place we'll be getting a much more modest 40". Xander cried, of course, but I was just relieved. Now the TV wars have ended (I hope!) and we can go back to blissful movie watching.

Honestly, Spring needs to get here ASAP because I think we're all getting the snow crazies or something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. One shouldn't have a TV bigger than ones husband. Xander looks forlorn, but truth is, he'll love any TV, as long as he can watch it with his mom and dad. Good luck with the new 40". Love you all, M & V.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT