Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Thoughts on a Wednesday

So, we got our Census form in the mail yesterday. I don't know what I was expecting, but certainly more than just the names, birth dates and nationalities of the people who live in my house. And what's up with the race thing? They asked about having Hispanic origins, but didn't include Hispanic under race. Huh?


It's been nice and warm the last few days - in the high 50s to 60 - but really chilly at night. The result of this is that the puddles in the driveway ice over each night with a thin scrim of ice. Xander loves to stab these with his baseball bat on the way up to wait for the bus. (I know, more violent tendancies. He even calls it "bleeding the puddles.")For myself, I like stepping on the bits of ice that sound like broken glass. Yes, I'm weird. :)


While getting his coat on this morning, Xander asked if he could see Joe's golf hat. I was all like, huh? Daddy doesn't have a golf hat. Xander pointed out the one he wanted, which is the Scottish cap Joe picked up somewhere years ago. I told Xander it was just a Scottish hat, not a golf hat. He informed me that all Scottish people play golf. Good to know! Xander topped that off with a little jig around the foyer.

And finally, I would just like to say Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very smart boy, that one. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too, Mrs. O'Bruno! Love you, Mamma O'Steigmeier.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT