Monday, June 2, 2008

Bruno Vacation - Day Four

It's check-out day, time to head home. The weather, which was beautiful all week, was rainy and overcast - good driving weather! We lingered in the room for a while, Joe and Xander enjoying one last go at the hot tub. (I'll spare you more photos of that!) Then we turned in our key cards and packed up the car. We lunched at Friendly's before hitting the highway.


Of course, on the way we had to stop at The Dinosaur Place in Montville, CT. We'd passed it on the way to Mystic and Xander really wanted to go there on the way home. So we did! Xander got a chance to dig in the mine for precious stones, and pan for gold (pyrite). We also spent considerable time in the huge gift shop, and Xander walked out of there with a new "guy" and a t-shirt.
Luckily, Xander slept most of the way home so that we weren't bombarded by the "Are we there yet?" questions. We rolled through Oneonta on around dinner time, so we stopped at Denny's to eat. We all got breakfast platters, since we hadn't eaten any actual breakfasts our whole vacation. And then we were home.


It was a great vacation! We all had such a fun time, even Joe! When I asked Xander about his favorite parts of the trip, he said: "Watching tv, playing with my guys, and the hot tub." Little sucker! I for one am glad to be home, back in my own bed, and no longer subjected to countless SpongeBob episodes (I'll probably never get the theme song out of my head, though). Thanks for sharing in our first - but hopefully not last - family vacation!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like y'all had a blast

CP Warner said...

Cassie, that dinosaur park was one of my hubby's favorite places, too, when he was a kid. He took me there once, a number of years ago, while we were still dating. Yow, is that ever ancient history! We are talking 1980 or 81...

I suppose this also dates me as an oldie but goodie, but...

Did Richard Avedon rise from the dead to take that last photo?

Richard Avedon photographed a ot of rock bands over the years, and in the early 70s went through a phase in which he expected said band members to display their navels. Example in point is ELO's album "On the Third Day." I think he also published a shot of the J Geils band and their navels, but memory may not be serving me correctly here. Tee-hee.

Glad you all had such a nice time!

P/J

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT