Monday, June 16, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

"I love washing dishes!!" Xander had begged me for to let him wash some dishes, so after I finished up the heavy-duty stuff, I gave him some things that I'd already washed. Boy, did he have fun! He used three different scrubbers, loaded with soap, to wash the few bowls and spoons I'd left out for him. And then he discovered the little sink hose. More fun!

I know I should enjoy these helper moments now, because once washing dishes becomes a regular chore he won't be so thrilled to do it. But as long as he can pick what he wants to do, he's happy. Yesterday, with no dishes available for him to wash, he decided to Swiffer the kitchen floor instead. Mostly in one section by the cat dish.

Who knows? Maybe Xander will turn out to be one of those people who just loves to clean! (Certainly not a genetic condition!) That sure would be nice, since I hate doing dishes...I really, really hate it! Hmmm...I wonder if he'll do windows?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mother's little helper! Keep making it fun and he'll keep wanting to help. He's a good boy. I should know! Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT