Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

I'm happy to report that we had an awesome July 4 weekend! It started on Friday, when Joe and I took Xander to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda. He'd been dying to see it, but I'd been reluctant to take him because in the past he hadn't been able to sit still longer than five minutes out at the theater. But he must be the right age finally, because he watched the whole movie with a minimum of questions, and only needed one bathroom break. Oh, and the movie was really, really funny!


Then it was off to Cobleskill to see the fireworks at the fair grounds. Joe has worked every July 4th for the last four or five years, so it's been a while since we saw fireworks (with the exception of the awesome display my uncle and cousins put on at the family reunion last year). I got some great pictures and Xander got to stay up extra late. I think he liked the show, but the really loud boomers he wasn't too fond of.




Xander spent the remainder of the weekend with Joe's folks, going to the park and the pool, and helping his grandpa make jelly. Meanwhile, I hung out with one of my girlfriends, then watched movies with Joe and scrapbooked. The best part was getting to sleep in late! Woo!


I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!! I'd love to hear about the fun stuff you did!

1 comment:

Tracy Pea said...

Glad you had a fun weekend. :) You posted an awesome fireworks pic there. I can't wait to see them on layouts!

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT