Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Trials and Tribulations of Stuart

This is Stuart Little, the kitten (yes, he's only six months old) that we let Xander pick out at Christmas. He was such a sweet little guy back then, but I tell you, I've never had more trouble with any other cat in my life!
To start with, he was way too young when we got him and I didn't think he'd ever get the hang of using the litter box. It was touch and go there for a while. Now he's very much litter trained, but he's gotten quite aggressive. Just last week, he mangled my hand for no apparent reason. It looks like I stuck it in a cheese grater. Again, I had to ponder whether or not we could keep this cat.
As always, guilt has won out. Xander doesn't want to get rid of him, and I'm willing to give him some time to show me he can be a good cat. He's getting fixed and declawed at the end of the month, and hopefully that will help convince him to change his ways. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. For now, I keep my eye on him and make sure Xander and I keep our distance. Hopefully in a month's time or so, I can report what a wonderful and friendly cat our little Stuart has become. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

makes me remember Little One....*memories*

Tracy Pea said...

Oh Cassie, I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that he calms down after his surgery. It's never fun when you have to decide whether or not to keep a pet.

Hang in there!

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT