Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Twilight Saga - Awesome!!

Has anyone read the Twilight Saga, by Stephanie Meyer? It's hella-good! I read the first book on Sunday (parts of it several times, I say with embarrassment).

I had known the series existed, but never gave it much thought. But in a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly (to which I am a subscriber) they featured articles on both the upcoming film and the author of the novels. It peaked my interest. So when I saw the first book at Walmart, I picked it up just to try it out.

If you don't know, this is the story of Edward the vampire and Bella the human, and their very difficult love story. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing anyway, so I was hooked pretty much from the start. The writing itself may not be overly polished, but the story is great! I'm now chomping at the bit to get the next two books in the series - the fourth and final will be out next month in hardcover.

The characters in this series have seriously caught my attention. I'd recommend this series in a heart beat, even if vampires aren't usually your thing. Get it! Read it! Love it! I do!

No comments:

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT