Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bruno Family Vacation - Day Three

The weather was against us today, Day Three of our vacation extravaganza. Dark clouds were threatening and rain was forecast, but we head out to Darien Lake anyway because it was on the schedule and I live and die by my schedule. :)

First thing Xander wanted to do was ride the ferris wheel. I was surprised when Joe came with us - he has a fear of heights and never goes on those things. He kept a death grip on the rail and his eyes closed the whole time. Xander was nervous too. Well, it was a really tall ferris wheel!
Then we played a lot of games. Xander won a bunch of stuffed animals. And I even won something for playing Whack A Mole. Yay me! Xander was just beside himself to win things, and there were plenty of games that gave you a prize even if you didn't do so well. It drizzled a bit while we wandered around, and when Joe, Xander and I went in to get our old-time portraits done, it POURED! Man, that was a lot of rain! It was also a breezy 62-ish degrees, so we didn't hit the water park.

Xander's two favorite rides were the carousel and the swings. Andrew and Xander took several spins on the swings, and another ride called the Raging River. There was one other ride they went on together that Xander was all excited about when it started and then cried when it was underway. He's such a goober!

Joe and I really left our diets behind today. We had fried chicken, fried dough, pretzels, giant chocolate chip cookies, and curly fries. Joe's favorite thing of the day was sitting and tossing fries to the horde of seagulls that were hanging around. He got some to come really close! Xander enjoyed winning games and getting a free face painting.
After we hit the arcade and let the boys ride the swings a couple more times, we headed out. It had been a long day, and I was freezing! Andrew fell asleep in the car, but Xander hung in there refusing to admit he was maybe a little tired. When we got back to Aunt Margie's I took a nap and woke up to find both Joe and Xander asleep in the living room. That was around 8:30pm and Xander is still asleep - we just moved him upstairs. My cousin Heather stopped by for a quick visit, and everyone else is now upstairs in bed except for me. (I'm so dedicated to my blog, LOL!)

Tomorrow I have to scan a bunch of Aunt Margie's pics and then we make the journey home. Oh, and you'll be happy to know that we seem to have fixed our car problem. I put a call in to my garage guys back home and they suggested it might be the power steering. Joe put in some fluid this morning and no more scary noise. Yay!!

Thanks for sharing our vacation with us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WhooooHooooo! Rainy days and amusement parks. Glad you all had such a good time. Good to have you back. Missed talking to you. Love y'all. M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT