Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Disney's A Christmas Carol - In 3D!

Joe, Xander and I went to see Disney's new movie A Christmas Carol, which has several characters played by Jim Carrey. Xander was very excited, because it was in 3D and also because he already knows the story of "Ebeneber" Scrooge.

I'm a big fan of this story, in all of its incarnations. I've got versions with Muppets, one with Susan Lucci (playing Elizabeth Scrooge), and my favorite George C. Scott edition. It's just such a great story! And I thought the new movie did a great job with it! There were some funny parts, but not as many as you'd think from a Jim Carrey film. There were some scary parts that had Xander covering his eyes. And the only thing I didn't really like was the way the Ghost of Christmas Present transitioned out of the story. Otherwise, it all kept very close to the original story.

The Bruno family as a whole recommends this movie. Xander is already asking when we can buy it on DVD. For me, it will be a welcome addition to the Christmas Carol collection I already have. Cause I never get tired of watching this story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the summary. Nothing like a good Christmas movie to get you into the spirit, eh? Love y'all! M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT