Monday, November 9, 2009

Minekill Overlook

It's been unseasonably warm the last couple of days, the kind of weather where you want to throw open all your windows. Not only did I do that, but I wrangled Joe and Xander for a trip to the Minekill Falls Overlook. The last time I'd been there Xander was about two years old.




I'd wanted to do the big through-the-woods hike to the bottom of the falls, but the inspiration to go hiking came too late in the day (they close the park at 3pm). So we just did the overlook. I wasn't actually expecting much because there's been roadwork next to the falls for a couple years now, and sometimes the water isn't flowing at all. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the roar of the falls as we got closer, and to see how great it was flowing.

It was a nice little outing. When summer rolls around again, I'm determined to do the big hike. A big pool of water and lots of rocks for throwing? Xander will love it! I'm sure glad we live close enough to visit this natural wonder whenever we want to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Minekill Memories! Nice to know it's still there and well. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT