Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh Woe, My Poor Car!

Do you see anything wrong with my car?



No? Well, let me tell you a little story. The other night I was driving home from work (it was about 5:15, getting fairly dark) and when I got to the street I live on I was stuck behind a van with flashing yellow lights on it. This van was crawling down the street, but I didn't feel comfortable passing because I didn't know if there was something ahead and also because it was a no-passing zone. And since the driver didn't wave me around or pull off to the shoulder, I had to tough it out.

The morning after this incident, I saw that the double yellow line had been painted. There were tire marks coming from that to my driveway, where I'd driven a little on the fresh paint. Now it all made sense! I had a little chuckle about that. And then Joe came home from work.

Turns out more than just my tires are yellow. Now Joe has to call the insurance company to see if there's anything we can do about this. The line painter wasn't marked in any way - I had no clue what he was doing besides driving slow. It was too dark to even get a good look at his vehicle, though I could just make out a picture of the state on the back doors. Want a better look? Check these pics out!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That really sucks, Cass. The insurance company might help you out. I hope they do. Let me know how you make out. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT