Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Update

It's been a busy few days! Here's a quick recap of how we spent Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanksgiving
I'd made the pumpkin pie the night before, so had only to put together and bake the corn and green bean casseroles. Xander surprised me by doing some house cleaning ("I'm doing all your chores, Mom!"). He washed all the dirty dishes, cleaned the kitchen counters and floors, and wiped down the TV. What a helper! Then it was off to Jean & Mike's for dinner, with Tanya to join us (surprise news: Tanya is pregnant!).

Xander surprised me again by helping himself to turkey and mashed potatoes - and eating them! Without me having to beg! I sure had a lot to be thankful for this year!


Black Friday
I'd had no big plans for Black Friday. I almost always go shopping, sometimes with Joe in Albany, sometimes in Oneonta by myself. This year Krissy decided to test the waters of Black Friday with me. She convinced me to get up at 5am (!!!) and we were out the door by 6am. We went to Walmart, Sears, Target, BJs, JoAnn Fabric, Toys R Us, and JC Penney. In between we finally got to see Twilight: New Moon (awesome abs, I may have to switch to Team Jacob!). It was a full, busy, and tiring day, but we walked away with some really good deals.

Saturday
House decorating day. Xander and I put out most of the Christmas decorations. He put himself in charge of the nativity ("Jesus brought jewelry and love to our nation.") and putting out the Christmas Carol figures I'd gotten from Jean a few years ago. Xander also lost a tooth on Saturday. It was a bleeder, so he spent most of the rest of the day with a cotton ball clamped between his teeth. Very attractive!

Sunday
Grocery shopping with Joe and Xander. I made Joe come because one of our tires has a leak in it and I didn't want to be responsible for keeping it inflated. We rented Up from Blockbuster and watched it together over dinner. It was a great movie!

Monday
Cyber-Monday, and I got some good deals online. Joe is doing laundry and taking the tire to hopefully get fixed. Today was Xander's snack day (we made brownies) and also the first day of Spirit Week, so he got to wear PJs to school.

Coming up we have a couple of Hospice parties, and a trip out to Yankee Candle in Massachusetts. December is going to be a busy month, as always!

Hope your Thanksgiving holiday was a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure know how to pack as much as possible into one holiday weekend! Love the picture of one tooth shy Xander! How cute he looks! Loved hearing him read, too. Boy, they grow up so fast! Love you all! M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT