Friday, August 13, 2010

Birth of a Scrapbook Page

After a bit of a break, I'm trying to scrapbook a bit more. I did a layout yesterday, and thought you might like to see what my process is sometimes like. Ready? Okay!

My layout started with a YouTube video, which featured a song I'd never heard before. It's called Everybody Loves Me, by OneRepublic, and you can see the video here if you're curious.

I really liked the song, so I downloaded it from Walmart.com and put it on my MP3 player. I decided to make it my theme song, that's how much I like it. And I'm not being braggy - I don't really think everybody loves me. Well, maybe sometimes! LOL!

So I decided I wanted to scrap this song and how it makes me feel. Which led to a photo shoot when I got home from work yesterday. Outside. In the rain.



I also took some headshots when I got back inside and changed. I went for a smiley one becuase it fit the layout and also because some of my critics (you know who you are, Mom!) don't like my serious face pictures.

Once I got on my computer last night, I uploaded the photos and created my layout. And here's the end result (if you want to see it bigger to check out the journaling, you can find it here):


Not all scrapbook pages are born this way, but for me a lot of them are. A bunch of pieces come together to create one totally cool page. And even if you don't love me, you gotta love the layout!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the smiley face, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!! Loved the layout. Love you to pieces. Talk to you this weekend. Love you, Mommo.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT