Monday, August 2, 2010

Meeting My Sister


I met my new half-sister on Sunday morning, a month after she'd been born. I'd been waiting for Dad to ask me over, but he didn't so I finally gave in and called them. It was a little weird, I have to say. Not just that she's 37 years my junior, but because at no time did I really get a feeling like she was my sister. But I visited and held her. She was asleep the whole time.


I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now. Do I try and see her more, see if we bond or something? Or do I wait for Dad to invite me back?



Sometimes this family stuff really sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Babe, I don't know if it's possible for you to bond to her. In theory, she's young enough to be your granddaughter, had you had a kid when you were twenty. Maybe you should wait till your dad calls you. You made the first move, now it's his turn. Love you and if you need to talk, I'm here. Love you bunches, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT