Friday, April 30, 2010

Groovy Research

So, I've been spending some time doing research on the 1960s, because I eventually want to do a scrapbook album about that decade (still working on my 1970s album). I've gotten a ton of pictures off the web, and some of them are just awesome! Check out the fashion statements:

Not to mention all the nifty household items. I have no doubt that Xander would look at these and just go...huh? What's that? Poor kid doesn't know what he's missing!


One thing that boggles me is I keep seeing ads for video phones. Did anyone actually have these?


Even the food ads were totall hip!


I can't post any family photos, because I haven't gone through them all yet, but I can assure you that there were some hipsters on both sides of family back in the 60s. No hippies, though, much as my mother would've liked to have been one!
If you have any 60s anecdotes you'd like to share, please feel free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the 60's! Beatles, peace beads, bell bottoms, gogo boots, anti-war demonstrations, Woodstock. Life was good. We'll talk. Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT