Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Run, Run, Runaway...

Have you ever had one of those days that just started out bad? I had one yesterday. A fight with Joe as soon as he got home from work left me very upset, so much so that when I got into town and would have made the turn to go into work, I just kept on driving until I got to Oneonta. Of course, I called in sick to work from the road so no one would worry. Ha!

My boss chose that morning of all mornings to call me at home because she needed something off my computer. That call tipped Joe off to the fact that I didn't go to work, and let my boss know that my own husband had no clue where I was. Joe called my brother Eli, thinking maybe I was there. Eli in turn called my sister-in-law, who then called me all worried. So much for sneaking away under the radar!

My spontaneous plan was to bum around Oneonta for a while (not easy, if you've ever been to Oneonta!) and then catch a movie at the mall. Turns out I'm not real good at wasting that kind of time. Three hours was just too much for me to fill, even after wandering aimlessly around Walmart and Borders. I ended up renting a chick flick from Blockbuster, picking up a salad from Vasta's, getting a bunch of books from the library, and just going home.

Joe and I eventually talked and made up. He's going to work on better communication with me, which was the root of yesterday's issue. And I got to have some me time, which I desperately needed. Next time, though, I'll let my husband know when I skip school!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Concerned. Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT