Monday, April 19, 2010

Xander's Quote of the Week


Okay, so we've recently become fans of Boylan soda, which we pick up whenever we get takeout from our local Italian place. Joe is fond of the Black Cherry, while I switch back and forth between Creme and Creamy Birch Beer. Last week we got Xander his own bottle of orange soda. After he'd had about half of it, he came over to me in the kitchen.

Xander: Mommy, I have to tell you something.

Me: What?

Xander: I feel drunk!

Now, I have no idea why he associates the glass bottles with alcohol. The only person he's ever been around who drank a lot is my father-in-law, but he always had cans. Maybe it's because I was having a Birch Beer, so he thought it was all alcoholic. Either way, it was pretty funny. I reminded him that he was drinking soda, and that seemed to be the end of it.

It did remind me of Eli thinking he was drinking rum and Coke, and acting all drunk, when in reality he only had Coke. Goober.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like Uncle, like nephew! That's too funny. Love you, Ma.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT