Thursday, July 8, 2010

Going Home

Like all good things, it was finally time for our Florida vacation to come to an end. Mom drove us to the Orlando Amtrak station, where we were able to check three of our bags (good for us, since we came home with three extra than we left with!). Xander cried when it was time to get on the train - he didn't want to leave. Awww!


Going back to NY, we had two of the smaller rooms instead of the one big room. This worked better, actually. Joe was able to have some quiet space for himself, and Xander and I fit quite well in the little room.



He watched movies, I read. And then I watched a movie while he played with his new toys. It was all good. The sleeping probably would have been better but I was worried I'd sleep too late in the morning and we were due to Penn Station by 10:30am.



I needn't have concerned myself. We were two hours late getting into Penn, and then had to wait an additional half hour to get our checked-in bags. Luckily, we still made our connecting train on time and had a peaceful ride back to Rhinecliff.



Would we travel by train again? Most certainly. But definitely with the two rooms next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the blog (except for the hideous pic of me on the bus,
:( ) We miss you already, but you know that. Give Xander a kiss from us. Love you! M & V

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT