Saturday, July 3, 2010

Green Cay, Cubans & Some Nightlife

Another full day here in sunny...oh, no, wait....we had rain today. Lots and lots of rain. But not until we finished up at Green Cay.



It was just Xander, Mom and I for a two mile hike through Green Cay, scoping out the wildlife and looking for gators. Plenty of wildlife, no gators. It was so hot and steamy that I was sweating (something I try never to do!) and Xander was quickly bored and whining. Two miles of whining.



Still, I got some good pictures of birds and turtles, and even a raccoon! Xander perked up once we got back to the main building and he was able to spend some money in the gift shop.




In the afternoon, Joe and I took the rental car to Festival Flea Market while Mom and Vikki took Xander to Target for birthday shopping. More walking for me, because the flea market was enormous. I bought a dress, Joe bought a shirt and yet another hat, and we both had potato knish for lunch. And then dinner time was here, time to finally try a Cuban sandwich. Roast pork, ham, cheese, pickles and mustard...it was delicious! See? I can try new stuff!



After dinner, Mom and Joe and I went to the Atlantis Grill to hear Mom's friend Michelle Lynn sing - she sings there every Saturday. She was awesome! A whole range of songs, from oldies to contemporary, and she has an awesome voice. And my hubby even danced with me!



Now it's almost 11:30 pm and I'm exhausted. Tomorrow we have to pack everything up and head to Orlando. Our vacation is almost over, but we're going to squeeze two more fun-filled days out of it!

No comments:

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT