Thursday, July 1, 2010

More Pool Time, And A Party

Mom thought it was supposed to rain today, but we had nary a drop. We spent the morning running around to Cosco and Publix for party supplies, after Xander helped Mom bake his birthday cake.


After a quick nap for me, we went to Charlotte and Ronnie's house - friends of Mom - for an early birthday party for Xander. Charlotte had invited other friends, who had little kids. First order of business was a swim in their pool.


I didn't swim, because my sunburn is so sore I didn't want to move out of the shade. So I sat on the edge and dangled my feet in. The water was sooooo warm, and the pool was salt water, though Xander said it didn't taste salty.



Joe of course had a nice time just floating around on an inflatable lounger, showing off his oddly burned belly to everyone. That's what happened to him after our beach fry fest yesterday (sorry, Krissy, but I had to show everyone the belly!).


After we dragged a pouting Xander out of the pool, we went back to Charlotte and Ronnie's for BBQ and cake. Mom's idea was to make the cake look like a DS, with fair results. Xander was more interested in the toys, LOL! Charlotte had a key lime pie for me, because she clearly loves me and wants me to be happy. :)



We hung out at Charlotte and Ronnie's until about 8pm. Xander was getting cranky, and going through SpongeBob withdrawal.



Joe retired for the evening, but I'm still here drinking a pina colada and posting my update for my faithful readers. Tomorrow: Wannado City, and I get to meet my Internet Wife, Tracy. Woo!

No comments:

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT